Newark Liberty International Airport is located 24km of Midtown Manhattan. It has has three major terminals: A, B and C.
– Terminal A: 27 gates
– Terminal B: 15 international arrivals gates
– Terminal C: 19 gates and a huge retail space
Train between terminals
The AirTrain is free within the airport area and connects the airport terminals, parking lots, hotels and rental car zones. It’s operating 24/7 and departs every three minutes in the day. Take AirTrain to the Airport Station. Here you must change to a NJ Transit train or an Amtrak train.
Train from Newark Airport to Manhattan
Several NJ (New Jersey) Transit trains depart every hour at the Airport Station. At night there are no NJ Transit trains. From Airport Station to Penn Station in Manhattan takes 26-35 minutes. Fare of a single ticket is $15. First train to New York Penn Station is 06.04; the last train to Penn Station is 02.04 at night. Amtrak trains run every hour between the Airport Station, New York City and Philadelphia. Amtrak tickets are also sold online.
Taxi Newark Airport
– between the airport terminals: up to $13
– to the City of Newark: $15 – $18
– to New York City/Manhattan: $50 – $70
– to LaGuardia Airport: $87
– to JFK International Airport: $85
The fares shown do not include tolls or tips (15%-20%)